I very much enjoy writing book reviews. Book reviews are a significant part of scholarly debates. They are commonly published in academic journals that are not widely accessible. Therefore, book reviews should be able to speak to a wider audience through open access outlets. In this respect, I publish book reviews in open access journals and blogs.
- Book Review: Kenneth Paul Tan, Singapore: Identity, Brand, Power. Chinese Public Administration Review 10(1): 79-81. (invited)
- Review of Leading Professionals: Power, Politics and Prima Donnas by Laura Empson, LSE Review of Books, April 27, 2018.
- Review of Rethinking the New World Order by Georg Sørensen, LSE Review of Books, June 6, 2017.
- Review of Imagined Futures: Fictional Expectations and Capitalist Dynamics by Jens Beckert, LSE Review of Books, September 7, 2016.
- Review of Better Bankers, Better Banks: Promoting Good Business through Contractual Commitment by Claire A. Hill and Richard W. Painter, LSE Review of Books, February 3, 2016.
- Review of Conceptualizing Capitalism: Institutions, Evolution, Future by Geoffrey M. Hodgson, LSE Review of Books, November 11, 2015.
- Review of Global Democratic Theory: A Critical Introduction by Daniel Bray and Steven Slaughter, LSE Review of Books, June 26, 2015.
- The US Dollar Hegemony in the International Monetary Regime: What is Next? Asian Journal of Public Affairs 8 (1):89-94. doi:10.18003/ajpa.201506.
- Review of The Tyranny of Experts: Economists, Dictators, and the Forgotten Rights of the Poor by William Easterly, Global Policy, October 24, 2014.